2001 Ford Escort Automatic Transaxle/Transmission
Main Control — Valve Body Assembly
1. Raise and support the vehicle; refer to Section 100-02.
2. Position a drain pan under the transmission, then remove the drain plug and washer. Discard the washer.
3. NOTE: Remove all the bolts securing the transmission fluid pan (7A194) except the four corner bolts; then remove the two from the rear and allow the pan to drain.
Place a suitable container beneath the transmission fluid pan, then remove the (A) transmission fluid pan bolts and the (B) transmission fluid pan.
4. Remove the oil pan to case gasket (7A191) and discard.
5. Remove the bolts securing the wire retainers to the main control valve body (7A100) ; then disconnect the solenoid electrical connectors.
6. NOTE: Loosen the main control valve body bolts evenly and gradually.
Remove the main control valve body.
1. Remove the bolts.
2. Remove the main control valve body.
1. Position the main control valve body into the transmission case. Align the (A) manual valve with the pin on the (B) manual valve detent lever (7A115).
2. NOTE: The main control valve body bolts are two different lengths.
NOTE: Secure the wire retainers to the main control valve body when the main control valve body is installed.
Install the main control valve body bolts; then connect the solenoid electrical connectors.
● Bolt length (measured from below the head):
A: 30 mm (1.18 in).
C: 50 mm (1.97 in).
3. Tighten the main control valve body bolts.
4. Install the transmission fluid pan with a new oil pan to case gasket.
1. Install the transmission fluid pan and oil pan to case gasket.
2. Install the bolts.
5. Lower the vehicle. Fill with Motorcraft MERCON Multi-Purpose Automatic Transmission Fluid XT-2-QDX or equivalent meeting Ford specification MERCON, and check for leaks.
6. Test drive the vehicle and verify that shift points are accurate and precise.
Incoming search terms:
* 93 ford escort valve body pdf